15 Apr Ways you can support your digital lifestyle
They say you don’t have to be rich to travel the world. But how can you fund your basic needs if you are constantly changing locations to reach your travel goals? There are many ways you can make money to support your travel needs. Some of which are listed below to help you get started.
Monetize your blog
By scrolling down your social media timeline, you will see a lot of travel bloggers promoting their content and convincing you as to why you should visit their page. These travel bloggers spend a lot of time writing posts, producing quality content, replying to emails and comments just to increase their following. Monetizing your blog is not an easy work but with patience, dedication, and great content, followers and potential advertisers will eventually start noticing your website. And when they do be sure that your blog is ready to impress and you are online to offer services! Here are some of the services you can offer:
- Post sponsored content – the moment your blog starts attracting traffic, advertisers would reach out to you to ask if you can publish an article to your blog. These articles have anchor texts that lead to their website to attract potential clients. You earn a good amount of money while helping clients improve their online presence and eventually increase sales. In case you decide to publish articles, make sure that the content meets Google’s guidelines. Poorly written sponsored content could be penalized by Google and could lead to a huge drop in your traffic.
- Banner ads – with a considerable amount of traffic, you can begin monetizing your ad space. BuySellAds, Click Bank, and Google Ad Sense are just some of the recommended sites that can help fill your ad spaces and even your bank account. Just make sure your site does not have too much ads as it tends to turn off readers and could cause you to lose following. Moreover, too much ads may slow down the loading time of your website.
- Affiliate sales – this works when you advertise a product or service by using a link on your website’s content. For example, you wrote an article about the best travel camera and asked your readers to click on a certain link if they want to buy it. If your article shows up in search engines and starts getting profits, then you can start receiving money for the product or service provider that you promoted. Just make sure that your content is good and SEO friendly so it could help readers visit your affiliate links.
- Product reviews – another great way to bring in income is to write products reviews about travel gears. Depending on your blog’s niche, you can review everything from backpacks and shoes to cameras and sun blocks. Just like in affiliate sells, ensure that your content is well written and SEO friendly for your readers’ convenience.
- Travel planning – if you have travelled to many places around the globe, then by all means help your followers by creating an itinerary for them. Advertise it on your website to get clients and then send them travel plans complete with details about how to get there, where to eat, what to do, and what to bring.
In this day and age, everything is fast becoming digital. Take advantage of the modern technology and start working as a freelance writer, graphic designer, or a virtual assistant. All you need is a laptop and a good internet connection, and you are all set to starting your freelance work. You may visit websites like Upwork.com or Fiverr.com to look for your next employer. There are even companies that will pay you to travel the world. Find a company that allows pitches from freelance writers and share your travel experiences with them.
Aside from becoming a writer or a graphic designer, you may also work online as an English teacher. You can earn around $1,500 and $3,000 per month, depending on where you will be teaching. Countries with higher cost of living such as South Korea, Japan, and Taiwan usually offers higher salary compared to other Asian countries.
Work in farms
Do you like nature and agriculture? Then why not apply for a job in an organic farm? Websites like WWOOF.net and HelpX.net offer jobs to those who want to volunteer as workers in farms. In return, the volunteer will get free accommodation and free food from their hosts. You will only be required to work for about 4 hours a day, which means you have more hours to check out attractions around the community.
Recall all your skills and talents, make the most of them, and start funding your travels to different parts of the world. For questions or suggestions, don’t think twice and add a comment below!